The Manager, through a staff of administrative, managerial, maintenance and repair personnel, oversees the maintenance, repair, and occupancy of commercial properties including shopping plazas, offices, etc.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the Regional Commercial Property Maintenance Division (RPM) including accounting, budgeting, tenant relations, maintenance and repair, landscaping, snow removal, etc.
- Manages tenant complaints and service requests in accordance with the terms and conditions of tenant leases and company policies. Supervises the Regional Facilities Manager in ensuring work orders directed by tenants, administrative staff, and maintenance personnel are responded to in a professional and courteous manner.
- Conducts periodical inspections of the properties and lease spaces to ensure compliance with lease specifications and policies on the upkeep of the property.
- Prepares, maintains, and reviews leases electronically updating lease files, records, correspondence, and file notes.
- Supervises two (2) Administrative Assistants providing new tenants with introductory information on emergency contacts, insurance, requirements, Certificates of Insurance, maintenance requests, etc.
- Oversees the entries of all property information in Yardi and reviews reporting protocols for maintenance requests, preventative maintenance tracking, dates of repairs, etc.
- Works in conjunction with the Regional Facilities Manager in establishing best practices in property management, preventative maintenance, and operational procedures.
- Reviews submitted estimates and bids for repairs at the property to ensure competitiveness and compliance with company policy.
- Ensures accuracy and compliance with company policy in processing purchase orders, expenses, and invoices. Audits all utility bills to determine utility bill backs.
- Works in conjunction with the Senior Vice President of Construction in developing operating budgets, annual capital development expenditures for trustee approval. Reviews leases to appropriate CAM (common area maintenance charges)
- Identifies and investigates cost reduction opportunities.
- Oversees the day-to-day implementation of policies, procedures, and programs emphasizing tenant needs, environment health and safety and preventative maintenance.
- Works in conjunction with the Manager of Facility Management in supervising a team of eleven (11) personnel comprised of administrative, clerical, and maintenance and repair personnel including hiring, managing workflow, training of personnel, scheduling, evaluating performance and resolving employee issues.
- Coordinates inventories of all business properties including signage, tenant identification, equipment, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year College or University with three to five years industry experience equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- 3+ years of relevant Commercial Real Estate Property Management experience.
- Familiarity with maintenance software YARDI preferred.
- Effectively prioritizes and multi-tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both orally and in writing.
- Flexible in responding to emergencies.
The job is heavily sedentary and requires prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Must be able to lift files weighing up to 15 pounds. Ability to access and navigate all areas of leased spaces including walking the parameters of a plaza. Substantial movements of wrists, hands and fingers manipulating the computer.