Location: Chapel Grille, 3000 Chapel View Blvd, Cranston, RI 02920
The Pastry Assistant prepares desserts to order according to Chapel Grille’s recipes, procedures, quality expectations, and efficiency levels.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains stock (restocks), cleans and organizes work area.
- Prepares food according to recipes, procedures and standards, within allowable time guidelines.
- Responds to all guests’ special requests.
- Safely operates equipment (determined by position).
- Practices proper and safe food handling, personal hygiene, storage, receiving, stocking and rotating procedures
- Prepares garnishes, sauces, ice creams, and other items as directed on a daily basis to ensure every customer has a quality experience.
- Must be able to read, understand & communicate in English.
- Able to interact verbally in a professional manner with other BOH/FOH positions.
- Meets all Chapel Grille & Health Department standards for safe food handling & storage.
- Must have experience & knowledge of kitchen equipment, including but not limited to knives, slicer, stove, oven, mixer and food processor.
- The ability to work quickly, cleanly and to consolidate work tickets is necessary.
- Flexible in performing other related tasks designated from the management.
- Speed, efficiency and mental strength are required for this fast paced kitchen.
Physical demands and work environment
- Works closely with other staff members, often in confined areas.
- Lifts and carries sacks, boxes and product up to 50 lbs. from floor to above waist level, sometimes involving stairs.
- Stands or walks during the entire 8-10 hour shift.
- Hazards include, but are not limited to, cuts, burns, slips, trips and falls.
- Able to reach above head and stoop to put items on the floor or low shelves.
- Able to climb stairs and ladders.
- Able to work at approx. 36” table/stove and reach in approx. 36”.
- Must reach (6’ to overhead), bend, stoop and wipe.
- Must wear shoes with non-slip soles.