Location: Chapel Grille, 3000 Chapel View Blvd, Cranston, RI 02920
Reports to: General Manager and Assistant General Manager
Food Runners are responsible for providing guests with a positive and memorable experience through timely and accurate product delivery, attention to detail, professional appearance and a positive attitude. The Food Runner will be required to interact with guests and assist in delivering product within many contexts: celebrations, business meetings, small and large parties, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Setup, breakdown & cleaning of all applicable areas.
- Stocking applicable supplies.
- Practice proper and safe food handling, personal hygiene, storage, receiving, stocking and rotating procedures.
- Communicate all guest allergies and/or aversions to management and kitchen.
- Develop and maintain positive & lasting guest relationships.
- Must be able to read, understand and communicate in English.
- Able to interact verbally in a professional manner with guests and other BOH/FOH positions.
- Meets all Chapel Grille & Health Department standards for safe food handling and storage.
- Must have experience & knowledge of equipment, including but not limited to: Knives, POS Systems, Coffee and Tea Brewers, Espresso Machines, Ice Machines and Glass Washers.
- Flexible in performing other related tasks designated from the management.
- Speed, efficiency and mental strength are required for this fast paced restaurant.
- Requires experience as a Busser, Food Runner, Bartender or Server.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Works closely with other staff members, often in confined areas.
- Lifts and carries food trays, boxes and product up to 50 lbs. from floor to above waist level, occasionally involving stairs.
- Stands or walks during the entire 8-10 hour shift.
- Hazards include, but are not limited to, cuts, burns, slips, trips and falls.
- Able to reach above head and stoop to put items on the floor or low shelves.
- Able to climb stairs and ladders.
- Able to work at approx. 36” counter/table and reach in approx. 36”.
- Must reach (6’ to overhead), bend, stoop and wipe.
- Must wear non-slip shoes.
Standards of Performance
- Performs job at a continuously high pace, under pressure, while maintaining quality and efficiency standards.
- Delivers food to the correct table in a timely fashion and serves it in the correct order and manner following Chapel Grille’s steps of service.
- Handles guest requests with professionalism and attention to detail, directing concerns or issues to the server or manager when necessary.
- Refers challenging situations to Management promptly.
- Prepares food expediting area with sufficient quantity of plates, plate covers, trays, and any tools and equipment needed prior to each service (“mise en place”).
- Maintains cleanliness and order of expediting area and side work areas.
- Practices proper and safe food handling, storage, receiving, stocking and rotating procedures.
- Notifies Manager when replenishment is needed of product or equipment necessary in the daily operation of the restaurant with enough lead time to avoid stockouts.