Location: Chapel Grille, 3000 Chapel View Blvd, Cranston, RI 02920
Reports to: General Manager
The Assistant Manager is responsible for working with the rest of the management team to run a profitable restaurant, where the quality of service, food & beverages are continually challenged & improved & where an environment that fosters creativity, free thinking & intelligent decision-making is encouraged. In this leadership role, the Assistant Manager will work as a member of a cohesive management team that supports each other’s decisions & presents a united front to the staff. He or she will function as a role model to staff as well as to junior Assistant Managers. An effective Assistant Manager maintains a positive, “win-win” attitude, always working to improve the restaurant.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Building the Business and guest base by getting to know the customers and determining what they like and don’t like as well as developing new ways to increase guest count.
- Recruiting and hiring by determining appropriate staffing levels as well interviewing and selection process involvement.
- Training and development of current and new staff and continually develop the staff through the identification of ongoing training needs & the implementation of the necessary programs.
- Financial and profitability responsibility by maximizing and optimizing profits through the management of all cost centers. The Assistant Manager may be responsible for a particular cost center and are expected to be able to analyze a monthly P & L and continually make efforts to find ways to reduce cost in all areas of the restaurant.
- Understanding the acceptable levels of quality of our food & our beverages & as such to ensure that these products are ready for service every shift. An Assistant Manager is expected to run a quality operation with attention to detail; in particular paying attention to temperature, lighting, music levels & the overall ambiance of the restaurant. Maintaining high standards in all areas of security, safety, cleanliness & sanitation is essential.
- Must have a working knowledge of all ALOHA POS system
- Proficient in opening & closing procedures, OPEN TABLE.com procedures
- Excellent problem-solving skills
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Works closely with other staff members, often in confined areas.
- Stands or walks during the entire 8-10 hour shift.
- Hazards include, but are not limited to, cuts, burns, slips, trips and falls.
- Able to reach above head and stoop to put items on the floor or low shelves.
- Able to climb stairs
Standards of Performance
- Performs job at a continuously high pace, under pressure, while maintaining quality and efficiency standards.
- Ability to perform all functions at the restaurant level, including delivery when needed
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness.
- Notifies and reports to Manager all and any issues that arise or may be anticipated to arise
- Ensures all new staff members are fully training and comfortable to do their jobs safely and successfully