- Responsible for maintaining the integrity of the physical asset consisting of Section 8 apartments and maximizing the returns from the asset in accordance with the Company’s mission, vision, and objectives.
- Responsible for training and development of all personnel assigned, either directly or through others.
- Reports to Director of Property Management.
- Supervises all on-site personnel for property assigned.
The activities listed here are not all-inclusive; rather, they indicate the types of activities normally performed by this position.
- Maintaining the physical asset
- Supervises employees and contractors.
- Assures adherence to specifications (contractual; operations manual).
- Conducts formal site inspections of building interior and exterior.
- Makes recommendations for physical repairs and/or replacements.
- Ensures observance of safety regulations.
- Marketing and leasing
- Periodically reviews rental applications and lease forms for accuracy and compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Rent management
- Supervises rent collection in accordance with policies and procedures manual.
- Maintains month end receivable balance below $2,500.00
- Reviews and processes tenant certifications according to
- Local, State and Federal guidelines in a timely fashion.
- Financial reporting and control
- Reviews annual operating budget
- Reviews all monthly financial reports (aging receivables, payables, variance reports, etc)
Processes payments (payroll, invoices).
- Requests expenditures in accordance with Company policy and procedures.
- Handles and assures that all supervised employees comply with the appropriate policies and procedures.
- Interfaces with outside professionals regarding legal and other matters, as appropriate.
- Ensures property files and records are maintained in compliance according to Local, State and Federal regulations
- Continually improves management and technical skills.
- Spends agreed-upon percentage of time on obtaining market knowledge, community relations, and asset
- Minimum of three -five years of experience in multi-family/elderly communities
- Must have Section 8 experience
- Experience with Yardi Software is a plus
- ARM® Designation preferred
- Strong leadership and motivational abilities.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to interact with wide range of people.